I love a good, scary movie, don't you? Especially at Halloween. Obviously, Michael Myers and the movie, Halloween, are the #1 choice. I mean, everyone knows that mask, and it's perfect for the holiday it's named after. You can't go wrong with a classic like Michael Myers and Halloween on the spookiest holiday of the year. But the original Nightmare on Elm Street and even the cheesy slasher flick, Friday the 13th, are excellent scary movie choices, too. There's just something about putting on a scary movie and dressing up as a witch, ghost, or zombie to pass out Halloween candy to trick-or-treaters that just puts the fright in the night. So, what's your favorite scary move to watch on Halloween?
Halloween Movie Trivia
- "Halloween" was made in only 21 days in 1978 on a very limited budget.
- The movie was shot in the Spring and used fake autumn leaves.
- The mask used by Michael Meyers in the movie "Halloween" was actually William Shatner's mask painted white.
- The character Laurie Strode, played by Jamie Lee Curtis was named after John Carpenter's first girlfriend.
- While the setting for the story is in Illinois, the vehicles have California license plates.
- Halloween is on October 31st, the last day of the Celtic calendar. It was originally a pagan holiday, honoring the dead. Halloween was referred to as All Hallows Eve and dates back to over 2000 years ago.