First of all, I have to apologize for being tardy with this post. My day job and real life kicked my ass for the past five days, and all I've had time to do is eat, sleep, and work...with an occasional potty break and shower. Ew, right? Anyway, my poor blog got neglected...and during my beloved 31 Days of Halloween, no less. So, I'm way behind. Forgive me.
Now...onward to our Halloween Quiz. Last week, I posted lots of trivia and fun facts. Now it's quiz time to see how closely you paid attention. I've got a $10 Amazon gift card up for grabs. All you have to do is answer eight questions based on last week's posts.
You can leave your answers in a post (make sure to leave your email addy), or you can email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: HALLOWEEN QUIZ.
Deadline to submit your answers: October 24th at midnight.
I will announce the winner on Halloween, selecting from those who got the most questions right.
Here goes! Good luck! :)
The first six questions are True or False:
- Dracula, starring Bela Lugosi, was the first vampire movie.
- Anemia was a condition attributed to vampires.
- Female vampires were often blamed for spreading the bubonic plague throughout Europe.
- The corpse of Edgar Allen Poe's wife was the source of a portrait of her that can still be viewed in the Poe House today.
- The first Jack O'Lanterns were carved from turnips.
- Halloween has been called Nutcrack Night in the past because of all the deaths that occur on Halloween.
- Which of the following is NOT a term used to describe a group of vampires?A. CovenB. ClutchC. PodD. Brood8. According to legend, a vampire can turn into all of the following except?A. OwlB. MothC. CatD. Bat